Skip to main content

Props for Valentine Performance

We have an annual Valentine banquet as a fund raiser for kids to attend pre-teen camp and we are going to need a little entertainment. So I started planning a song for our puppet team, the PIT Crew, to perform.

I'm planning to use a song called "Put the Love of God in Your Heart".  It's a parody of "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" from Creative Ministries RPM collection.

I decided to keep it simple with the props and just a few puppets.  The new bunny will definitely be involved!


We have to have a Jesus in a heart prop, naturally...
jesus heart prop


Here is the heart with the first coat of red paint on the outside...
heart paint drying
It doesn't seem to show up in the picture but there is a hinge of tape in the middle so the heart can open up and you'll see Jesus inside.


Here is a shrub I just cut out with an x-acto knife...
cutting out shrub 1

Here is a close up of the shrub.  Not sure why I drew all the details because when I put the base coat on, they will disappear.
close up of shrub



I'll post new pictures when they are all done.  I love making things with items I already have and so far these are made with leftovers from previous projects. :)


props almost done
Some of the props - almost done!



Comments

  1. What kind of paint do you use for your props?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela!
      For these I just used acrylic craft paint from Walmart. If I were painting for black light, they actually have some neon ones that glow, but these
      http://www.creativemin.com/product/924/props_scenery are better but they are also more expensive!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest PVC Stage

Our team has always used a stage made of PVC for budget reasons.  I've reconfigured it a few times over the years.  The one we have now is the one I like the best so far.  Someone asked me to share it with them so I thought I would post it here in case anyone else was interested.

First of all there are 3 parts to the finished stage and one person could put it together alone, but two make it easier. There are two poles that go across the middle horizontally to hold everything together. And there is the actual stage part that folds up like an accordion.

Here it is from the side folded up.
Here it is unfolded and the two long pieces placed horizontally in the back.  One at the top and one lower.  This second bar really adds to the stability of the whole stage and keeps puppeteers from moving the back curtain as they go in and out.


Here is how we add the curtains.
Our curtains are in 4 parts.  The front, 2 wings and the back middle.  They are all doubled because the fabric was still …

Cow and Pig Puppets

I made these guys for a song we did with a fall/farm theme.  I love how they turned out.

New Puppet: Giddy

I made a new puppet over the weekend.  She is going to be used in some skits for Wednesday night kids' lessons at church.  We use a pre-written skit from a company called High Voltage Kids and this unit calls for a girl named Giddy.  Giddy is a little country girl who wants a pony.

Here she is:
I used this shape as a base and adapted it as I went.  I wanted to try something different and I like the elongated mouth shape.  I think she turned out very cute.  She is the first puppet I ever made for myself and I can't wait to use her next week!

I will use this pattern shape again, but with more modifications.  I didn't sew her mouth, it's glued. I prefer to sew, but when I'm working with a new design I sometimes get ahead of myself and forget a step.  It may sound silly, but it happens.  Just like I never remember to take pictures of the process. One day I will plan the photos and actually remember to take some.

The best part about this puppet is that I only spent $2…