Skip to main content

Another Experiment-Little Bookworm

I wanted to try a different head shape but didn't want to use a new piece of fabric just in case it didn't work. So I had just enough green left over from the crocodile to make the head and hands. I rummaged through my scraps and found left over flannel to make pajamas, and used scrap fabric for the arms since you can't see them anyway! The result? Viola!




Will you read me a story?

This little guy was made from an old pattern I had but this one is similar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest PVC Stage

Our team has always used a stage made of PVC for budget reasons.  I've reconfigured it a few times over the years.  The one we have now is the one I like the best so far.  Someone asked me to share it with them so I thought I would post it here in case anyone else was interested.

First of all there are 3 parts to the finished stage and one person could put it together alone, but two make it easier. There are two poles that go across the middle horizontally to hold everything together. And there is the actual stage part that folds up like an accordion.

Here it is from the side folded up.
Here it is unfolded and the two long pieces placed horizontally in the back.  One at the top and one lower.  This second bar really adds to the stability of the whole stage and keeps puppeteers from moving the back curtain as they go in and out.


Here is how we add the curtains.
Our curtains are in 4 parts.  The front, 2 wings and the back middle.  They are all doubled because the fabric was still …

New Puppet: Giddy

I made a new puppet over the weekend.  She is going to be used in some skits for Wednesday night kids' lessons at church.  We use a pre-written skit from a company called High Voltage Kids and this unit calls for a girl named Giddy.  Giddy is a little country girl who wants a pony.

Here she is:
I used this shape as a base and adapted it as I went.  I wanted to try something different and I like the elongated mouth shape.  I think she turned out very cute.  She is the first puppet I ever made for myself and I can't wait to use her next week!

I will use this pattern shape again, but with more modifications.  I didn't sew her mouth, it's glued. I prefer to sew, but when I'm working with a new design I sometimes get ahead of myself and forget a step.  It may sound silly, but it happens.  Just like I never remember to take pictures of the process. One day I will plan the photos and actually remember to take some.

The best part about this puppet is that I only spent $2…

How to begin a Black Light Ministry Part 2: All Things Black

You need lots of black items!

You will need black long sleeve shirts and black pants for each member that will be in the show.

Hint: for clothing shop yard sales and thrift shops. We just buy black clothing when we see it and eventually it will fit someone.





Everyone will need their own pair of  black socksblack gloves and a black hood. In the past I purchased some of these hoods during Halloween season, but recently I have only found them online.  I have also made our own hoods on the sewing machine.



For staging you will need lot of  black sheets or fabric, black foam core, and/or insulation foam painted black.

 Flat latex paint with a flat sponge roller works great.


In the photo you can see our stage set up and we use sheets of insulation foam painted black to create the background.








You need black curtains and staging, I made my own but the fabric is thin and had to be doubled. You could make your own, hang sheets, or use foam boards depending on your needs. See more about my stage…